WRONG NEW YORK!!!!
You may not know this, but I’m moving to New York City, not tomorrow or next week, but soon and very soon, I will be a NYC PR girl. When I recently voiced this same affirmation to people around me, several of them said, “what’s the big deal about New York City, anyway?” after pulling out the smelling salts and getting my head on right, I fired away the many, MANY, MANY reasons I want to move to New York, so here they are, the 5 reasons, Jess_AsPRing is going to be a NYC girl…
- “Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there’s nothing you can’t do” -Alicia Keys. So true Miss Keys, New York is the big city, a place where hundreds of people move, every year to make their dreams come true. And in PR, there’s no other place to go, all the top firms are anchored there and all the editors are there and all the opportunities are there.
- I’m addicted to the hustle and bustle of the city, so sue me! Seriously, it feels like every second there is something happening in the city; people are on the move, trying their best to make life happen and hustle.
- The melting pot of people. Did you lot know I am a former military brat? I am! I’ve lived in a few different countries and my love for diversity surpasses most and New York has it in spades, it really is the “great melting pot”
- New York is where PR is AT. Ask anybody, if you’re in PR, move to New York, the big 5 all have their anchor offices in the big city and their top positions in the city. All the editors are here and all the opportunities are here! Since my ultimate dream is to reach the top of the PR ladder (you HAVE been reading my blog, right?), then it would make sense that I would be in the place with direct access to the top.
- I love the city. Okay, this is purely sentimental, but I have loved New York since I was a little girl, since before I even had the privilege to meet her. I love this city, I love the good, the bad, the grime, the glitz, the glam, even the dirt. If I’m going to make it anywhere, I want it to be New York.
Well that’s it for me today, I guess this is less about PR and more about my burning desire to be in New York…you’ll be hearing more about “Operation: New York” in the future, so stat tuned and HAPPY HUMP DAY!
Bonus: Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys “Empire State of Mind” (Your daily dose of New York!)